Friday, October 5, 2012

New Website

I put up a website with Wordpress:  pamstebbins.wordpress.com where you can buy my book through paypal. Wordpress is easy to use--they say. And it would be if I didn't have to translate terms from computer nerd to real-person-got-a-life speak. Remember in computerland the start button shuts off the computer. Now I will not say my age, but I didn't grow up chasing Mario. Back then computers existed in Asimov's books and in big basement rooms doing things only the computer whizzes understood. My college computer class for English majors was a bust as it met in a big lecture  hall on late afternoon M,W, F. Friday afternoons you could hear a pin drop. But if we did the labs which meant attempting to program computers with logic and math type thinking, they gave us fuzzy-thinking, storytelling people a B. Personally, I have enough trouble with with the English language. Talking to computers is way beyond me. I really do appreciate all the ready-made programs we work with today, only there still is that divide between the programmers and us (okay, me). It's the left side of the  brain versus the right. I'm in the group that carries a book for when I get lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment