Sunday, January 22, 2012

Stray Thoughts

Don't check the date on your hot fudge sauce after you've poured it on your sundae.

What an Eizabeth thing to think. Writing JustMe: and being in Elizabeth's head was great fun. I wrote every funny stray thought that came to me without worrying about being polite, politically correct, or hurtful. Then I published JustMe: and started to worry. Elizabeth isn't all sweetness. Would readers like her? Would they get her sense of humor?

According to Elizabeth:

"I've learned I can't get by with my charm. My father would probably charge me rent."
"Women talk to think. it's how we understand what we're thinking-- we have to hear it said."
"My mother has been complaining of her so-called invisibility for years, if she was quieter Dad and I might have chance at ignoring her into nonexistence."
"Civility is easier to achieve if you eat first."

No comments:

Post a Comment